Grand Seiko Spring Drive 18K Yellow Gold 20th Anniversary SBGY002
Expected July 2019
The same facility as houses the Micro Artist Studio is home to the Shinshu Watch Studio where all other Grand Seiko Spring Drive watches are made.
This studio also brings its watchmaking artistry to Spring Drive's 20th anniversary party in the form of two further manual-winding dress watches of great refinement.
The overall design is classically Grand Seiko; understated and refined with the sharp hands and hour markers that allow the delicate interplay of light and shadow that is an essential part of the Grand Seiko signature.
The dial features the celebrated "Snowflake" pattern which is inspired by the beauty of the snow in the Shinshu region. As the glide motion seconds hand sweeps across the pure white snow-patterned dial, the wearer will feel the natural flow of time in winter and the beauty of our natural world in its purest, pristine state.
A new Spring Drive caliber, 9R31, which has the same dual mainspring structure as 9R02 and the same high precision rate of one second a day and delivers a power reserve of 72 hours.
- Case Material : 18k yellow gold
- Glass Material : Dual-curved sapphire
- Glass Coating : Anti-reflective coating on inner surface
- Case size : Diameter 38.5mm × Thickness 10.2mm
- Band Material : Crocodile leather
- Clasp type : Three-fold clasp with push button release
- Caliber no. : 9R31
- Power reserve : Approx. 72 hours(3 days)
- Accuracy : ±1 second per day / ±15 seconds per month (average)
- Water resistance : 3 Bar (splash resistant)
- Magnetic resistance : Equipped
Other details / Features :
- ・18K yellow gold clasp
- ・30 jewels
- ・Case back with lion emblem
- ・Power reserve display
- ・Screw case back
- ・See-through case back
- ・Stop second hand function