Seiko Presage 55th Anniversary Limited Edition SRQ031
Expected December 2019
The 1964 Crown Chronograph was Seiko’s, and Japan’s, first chronograph watch. Every aspect of the watch was designed from scratch and it marked the beginning of Seiko’s chronograph wrist watch manufacturing. It had a simple one-push mechanism but it amply demonstrated the same commitment to precision as would Caliber 6139 and all its successors with the inclusion of a column wheel to control the start, stop and reset functions.
The new chronograph is faithful to the design of the 1964 Crown Chronograph with its boxshaped crystal, its sharply defined numerals on the narrow bezel and the inwardly tilted case shape that allows the watch to sit tight on the wrist. Of course, every detail is upgraded; the movement is Caliber 8R48 with its 12 hour chronograph and 45 hour power reserve, the crystal is sapphire with anti-reflection coating on the inner surface and the lugs are Zaratsu polished. The watch is presented in the Presage collection as a limited edition of 1,000.
- Caliber 8R48
- Automatic Chronograph
- Manual winding capability
- Power reserve: approx. 45 hours 28,800 VPH
- 34 Jewels
- Box-shaped sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on the inner surface
- Screwdown see-through caseback
- Stainless steel case with Zaratsu polishing and super hard coating
- Tri-fold push button release clasp
- 100M (10 bar) water resistance
- Case Diameter: 42.3mm