Seiko Prospex 50th Anniversary Limited Edition SRQ029
Expected December 2019
The new Prospex limited edition watch that commemorates this 1969 landmark uses Seiko’s most advanced chronograph caliber, 8R48, which was first created in 2014. In addition to the vertical clutch and column wheel, it incorporates Seiko’s unique three-pointed hammer and a heart-shaped cam which ensure the perfect synchronization of the hands’ fly-back. The watch is based on a much loved design from that era that became known among Seiko’s fans as the “Panda” thanks to the two black sub-dials set against the white dial. It has the same hairline finish on the dial as the original, the same hands with the same orange tip to the chronograph second hand and the same hour markers and tachymeter bezel markings.
In addition, the new execution offers a third sub-dial for the time of day second hand, an updated case design with Zaratsu polishing and a box-shaped sapphire crystal. It is presented in the Prospex collection as a limited edition of 1,000.
- Caliber 8R48
- Automatic Chronograph
- Manual winding capability
- Power reserve: approx. 45 hours
- 28,800 VPH
- 34 Jewels
- Box-shaped sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on the inner surface
- Screwdown see-through caseback
- Stainless steel case with Zaratsu polishing and super hard coating
- Stainless steel bracelet with super hard coating and tri-fold push button release clasp
- 100M (10 bar) water resistance
- Case Diameter: 41.0mm